Avo Addict


Avocado. What’s not to love?

Creamy, healthy, delicious, the ultimate all rounder, great in salads, smoothies, on toast, the options are limitless. Avocado is the new super-food du jour. 128 million avocados were sold this past year in the UK alone, there are over 4 million ‘avocado’ posts on Instagram, with a whopping 195 thousand people hashtagging #avocadotoast

Yep, clearly we are a bunch of avocado-addicts! 

My latest Avo Inspiration! Avocado with Seeds, Berries and Honey (recipe below)
 
Avocado not only tastes good it's also super nutritious too, so it's no wonder we're all stocking up on this fabulous fruit. It's packed full of vitamin C, energy boosting B vitamins and healthy fats. 

I love adding avocado to my morning smoothie, it’s great with banana and strawberries or with spinach and beetroot. I also love it with salmon, I simply can’t get enough of it, it’s my go-to-comfort food, try it with bacon, if you haven’t had a bacon, chicken and avocado sandwich then you must!

If you’re on the go, then try cutting one open, de-seed, sprinkle a little sea salt and voila you’ve got a delicious gluten free treat, or post-work-out snack.


Avocado with seeds and berries
 
1 Avocado
Handful of Sunflower Seeds (you can substitute pumpkin or sesame)
½ Cup Blueberries
1 tsp Honey

Cut the avocado in half, take out the seed and slice. Sprinkle with seeds. Add the blueberries. Drizzle over the honey. Eat immediately as it’s far too yummy to wait!


How do you like yours?

Let me know by commenting below. I love to get new avocado inspiration ideas!

Love Sport Fashion? Then sign up to be notified of my new blog posts! Join the thousands of others who enjoy reading lovesportfashion.blogspot.co.uk

I’m passionate about living a healthy, happy and active lifestyle, I want to explore the world, follow my dreams and make them happen! I’m the designer and CEO of Hales Golfwear, a British Sportswear Brand for Women. 16 months ago it was an idea. Now it’s a reality. Find my latest collection here www.halesgolfwear.com

Till next time xxx

Comments