Behind the Scenes...


Building a fashion business requires me to wear a lot of different hats.

When I'm not designing, I'm managing the production, visiting suppliers, coordinating advertising and marketing, updating social media, steaming clothes, hiring staff, searching for models, graphic designers, photographers....being the CEO at Hales Golfwear is a 24/7 job. 


Tanya Hales CEO & Designer Hales Golfwear

We rarely see behind the scenes of the big fashion houses, the steps they took to get them where they are today, so I thought I'd share what a day in my life looks like, an inside peek at Hales Golfwear as we climb that ladder to success, hopefully helping any aspiring fashion entrepreneurs along the way.
 
6am


I wake early
because the sun is shining and I'm super excited for the day ahead. I practically leap out of bed much to the annoyance of my boyfriend who just wants to sleep while I want to tell him about my amazing plans for the day. He just nods and covers his head with the duvet. Hmm. Hes not a morning person obviously.


Super Smoothie

Breakfast is a Super Smoothie one of my faves is almond butter, banana and cocoa whipped up with coconut milk. Heavenly. Then I pull on my running shoes and head for my local park, I train using their free outdoor gym. After training I have a second breakfast which usually consists of eggs, avocado and salmon. Or I'll have quinoa with fruit. 


10am

Hales Golfwear Labels

I arrive at London Trimmings to pick up my labels! A fantastic store in Whitechapel with everything you'll ever need to produce your garments. Thread, zips, buttons, elastic....the shelves are bursting with goodies, I love spending time in there. (side note Kanye West popped in when he visited London)

11am


I meet with maufacturers to go through the final aspects of design development. We discuss which seam finishes look best, which colour ways we prefer and whether to add a trim or not.

 
2pm

Its time for lunch. I love Wok to Walk its not particularly glamourous, but it does provide delicious gluten free rice noodles with a choice of toppings. I read my emails, check social media and play 8-ball pool on my Samsung. 

3pm
 
CEO Hales Golfwear

Back home and I decide to work from the dining room as the view is amazing. I use a scented Jo Malone candle to uplift and surround myself with beautiful flowers and plants. I respond to emails, make calls to fabric suppliers, write my latest blog post and schedule meetings.  

6pm

Time for a quick break, I love to cook and create different dishes, I experiment with ingredients, sometimes I get it right, sometimes I get it wrong! I prepare my to-do-list for the following day and then I switch off my laptop.

8pm 


I stop working. Sometimes its hard for me to stop as I'm in the zone and wanna do everything now now now, but if I don't switch off now then I'll never be able to sleep later.

The rest of the evening is my downtime, spent with loved ones, sharing good food, a few cocktails or simply watching my fave TV show.


and then we start all over again....
 
I want to build a company that creates beautiful clothing, that develops and nurtures creative talent, a company where staff are valued and treated well. A company where each day is exciting, challenging and rewarding. Follow me on this journey as Hales Golfwear gets ready to launch!

Comments